Find a point to point ticket
Need assistance planning ?
Rail Protection Plan
Thats why we offer our exclusive Rail Protection Plan that provides compensation to you in the case of exchanges or cancellations due to illness, and in the case of loss or theft in Europe. The nominal fee is a small price to pay to protect your investment.
RAIL EUROPE RAIL PROTECTION PLAN
Terms & Conditions
The Rail Protection Plan is only available with the following products issued by RAIL EUROPE:
- Eurail Passes, Eurail Selectpass, Europe National and Regional passes, Britrail Passes, Eurail and Britrail Point to Point tickets (excludes reservation fees), Swiss Rail Tour Packages, Norway Excursion tickets and Paris Day Tour.
- Under the Rail Protection Plan, if your rail pass/ticket is lost or stolen in Europe, upon your return, you will be reimbursed for the unused portion of your original rail pass/ticket.
- The Rail Protection Plan must be purchased at the same time the rail pass/ticket is issued.
- The Rail Protection Plan fee is non-refundable and non-changeable.
- Please read the actual description of coverage below.
Description of Coverage
RAIL EUROPE will by payment, reimburse the passholder(s) named on the rail pass/ticket for the theft or accidental loss of travel documents in Europe. Reimbursement will only be made for rail passes/tickets issued by RAIL EUROPE subject to exclusions, limitations and conditions contained below.
Loss means the theft or accidental loss of the rail pass/ticket.
Effective Period means the time of arrival in Europe to 23:59 hours (11:59pm) on the last day the rail pass/ticket is valid. The Rail Protection Plan only applies to loss sustained during the effective period.
The Rail Protection Plan does not apply to any loss caused by:
- Delay, detention or confiscation by Customs Officers or Officials or Police or other Security Personnel.
- The Rail Pass/ticket is not in your actual possession at the time of loss.
- War, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power.
- Any dishonest, fraudulent or criminal act by the Pass/ticket holder.
- Damage due to wear and tear or gradual deterioration.
Limits of Liability
Reimbursement will be based on the unused value of the lost pass/ ticket or the cost of the replacement tickets purchased in Europe, whichever is the lesser value.
The loss date shall be the date on which the pass/ticket holder first became aware of the loss of the rail pass/ticket or the date 24 hours prior to the reporting of the loss to the police, whichever is later.
To File a Claim
While in Europe / UK
- Report the loss / theft to the local police within 24 hours and obtain a police report.
- Purchase a new pass or tickets for the remaining days of travel/journeys required.
- Retain receipts for replacement pass/ tickets. Within 30 days of returning to your country of residence or 6 months of original rail travel commencement, whichever is earlier, send the following:
- A notarized written report including the pass/ ticket holders name, the date the pass was validated, how many days were unused and a description of what happened to the pass.
- The official police report and receipts for the replacement pass/ tickets.
- Proof of purchase for your original pass/ ticket which was lost or stolen.
- A copy of your airline ticket/ boarding pass.
|Brunei Darussalam / Cambodia / Indonesia / Laos / Malaysia / Myanmar / Philippines / Singapore / Thailand / Viet Nam||Rail Europe Singapore||101 Upper Cross Street, #06-12 People’s Park Centre, Level 6||058357 Singapore|
|China / Hong Kong / Taiwan||Rail Europe Hong-Kong||Room 801, Winfield Commercial Building, 6-8 Prat Avenue, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon||852 Hong Kong|
|Japan||Rail Europe Japan||KSK Annex Bldg 10F, 3-26 Hacchobori, Chuo-ku||104-0032 Tokyo|
|India||Rail Europe India||405, Shree Prasad House, 35th Road, Off Linking Road, Bandra||400 050 Mumbai|
|Korea||STS Korea||7 Floor, Namkang Building, 32-2, Mugyo-Dong, Jung-Gu||100-170 Seoul|
|Israel||Aviation Links||2 Nirim street, 2nd floor||67060 Tel Aviv|
|Bahrain / Iran / Iraq / Kuwait / Oman / Qatar / Saudi Arabia / United Arab Emirates / Yemen||Al Rostamani Travel||Al Rostamani Bldg, Al Maktoum Road, Deira P. O. Box 14738||111111 Dubai|
|Botswana / Lesotho / Malawi / Namibia / South Africa / Swaziland / Zambia / Zimbabwe||World Travel||9th Floor Samro House, 20 De Korte Street, Braamfontein||2193 Johannesburg|
|Australia||Rail Plus||51 Queen Street, Level 6,||3000 Melbourne|
|New Zealand||Rail Plus||Level 2, 6 Kingdon Street, Newmarket||111111 Auckland|
|Argentina / Bolivia / Brazil / Chile / Colombia / Ecuador / Paraguay / Peru / Uruguay / Venezuela||Rail Europe LATAM||Alicia M. de Justo 846 2° 7||C1107AAR BUENOS AIRES|
|Other countries||Rail Europe India||405, Shree Prasad House, 35th Road, Off Linking Road, Bandra||400 050 Mumbai|