Why choose us?
900,000 travellers in 2012
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Our dedicated staff at your service.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
Reservation & Seating
Keep in mind that seats reservation are mandatory for :
Need assistance planning ?
Experience comfort and style, upgrade to 1st class!
- Destinations: unlimited travel in Bulgaria, Bosnia, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia, Montenegro, Romania and Turkey.
- Reservation: compulsory for high speed, scenic and night trains.
Book your Balkan Flexipass
Travel days The travel days indicate how often you can use a railpass.
| Prices are |
displayed in ZAR.
1 to 10 pax
Child Child formula's, for those under the age of 13
1 to 10 pax
Senior Senior formula in 1st class only, for traveller from 60 included on the first day of travel
1 to 10 pax
Youth Youth formula for travellers from 13 up to 25 included on the first day of travel in 1st and 2nd
1 to 10 pax
|5 days (within 1 month)||R||2,195 n/a n/a n/a||1,098 n/a n/a n/a||1,756 n/a n/a n/a||1,317 n/a n/a n/a|
|10 days (within 1 month)||R||3,829 n/a n/a n/a||1,915 n/a n/a n/a||3,073 n/a n/a n/a||2,293 n/a n/a n/a|
|15 days (within 1 month)||R||4,610 n/a n/a n/a||2,305 n/a n/a n/a||3,695 n/a n/a n/a||2,769 n/a n/a n/a|
Boarding a train with the Balkan Pass is the easiest way to travel within another Europe and dive into the Balkan part of Europe along a travel made of atopic and charismatic meetings of ancestral traditions.
Let us introduce these 7 wonderful countries ...
The Balkan Flexipass lets you travel in Bulgaria, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia, Montenegro, Romania and Turkey (European and Asian Network), countries with cultural and historical background must not fail to discover.
Who can get
The Balkan Flexipass is not available for residents of the participating countries.
How to use
- Passes must be validated within 6 months of issuing date by a railway official in any of the countries participating to the Balkan Flexipass offer (station’s desk) who also fills in the passport number (if not already filled by the issuing office) (outside promotion periods)
- Passes must be validated prior to boarding the first train/ship
- The date of travel has to be entered in the correct way before boarding the first train/ship, by the traveller, in the corresponding box of the calendar
- If an overnight train starts after 7:00 p.m. on a validated Balkan Flexipass, the pass holder must enter the next day’s date on the pass, provided it falls within the validity of the pass
How to activate your pass?
Before you board the train and travel with your rail pass, you need to activate or validate it at a train station. Railway staff will stamp your pass to show your first and last day of travel. All passes, whether Flexi or Regular, must be validated like this. Balkan Flexipass.
Benefit from bonuses in selected countries and tailor-make your tour in the Balkans. Hotels discount, reduced boat crossing, buses, museums... your Balkan Pass allows you a wide range of negotiated offers in 5 countries so that you will fully enjoy the journey!
The national railway company of Romania is CFR
Romanian Railway Museum 50 % discount www.cenafer.ro
Bucuresti, Str. Grivitei nr. 193 B, sect 1
Bucuresti Nord Station
Hotels in Romania
Hotel Crowne Plaza in Bucharest: 50% discount tel. +40 212 240 034
Hotel Alexandros in Busteni: 30% discount
tel. +40 244 320 138
Hotel Europa and Ana Asian Health Spa in Eforie Nord: 30% discount
tel +40 241 741 710
The national railway company of Greece is OSE
REDUCED BOAT CROSSINGS
Superfast Ferries / Blue Star Ferries (EURAIL Member)
- Bari-Patras Free air seats/dormitories for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class pass holders. Seasonal surcharge: June and September € 10 per person; July and August € 20 per person. Fuel surcharge is extra & port taxes are € 7. Italy, Ancona +39 071 202 034 email@example.com Italy, Bari +39 080 528 2828 firstname.lastname@example.org Greece +30 210 891 9130 email@example.com
Blue Star Ferries 30% discount
Greek domestic routes
Greece +30 210 891 9800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
HML (Hellenic Mediterranean Lines)
- Patras-Brindisi, extra calls at Corfu and Cefalonia during the summer. 30% discount on all categories (except the luxury cabin) in high season (15/06-15/09); 50% discount on all categories (except the luxury cabin) outside the high season. Information and booking: Brindisi: 39 0831 528 53, Email: email@example.com Rome: +39 06 4740141, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minoan Lines free deck passage
- Patras / Igoumenitsa - Ancona
- Patras / Corfu / Igoumenitsa - Venice Free deck passage (embarkation upon availability). Seasonal surcharge: June and September € 16 per person; July and August € 26 per person. 50% discount on upgrades. Italy: +39 041 240 7177 Greece: +30 210 414 5700 The company reserves the right to apply a fuel surcharge when this is inevitable due to extraneous factors.
Ionian Travel 20% discount
- day cruise from Athens to the isles of Aegina, Poros and Hydra (lunch included). Booking: Ionian Travel, 4, Pireos str. (1st floor), Athens Tel: +30 (0)210 523 9609 and +30 (0)210 523 4774; email: email@example.com.
Athens railway museum admission free
Daily (except Mondays) 09.00am - 01.00pm + Wednesday from 05.00pm -08.00pm; 4, Siokou street, Athens
Ionian travel in Athens 15% discount
Certain hotels in Athens
One day excursion ot Delfi or Epidaurus (lunch included)
Athens sightseeing tour
Booking: Ionian Travel, 4, Pireos str. (1st floor), Athens
Tel: +30 210 523 4774; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interactive travel map
The Balkan Pass offers unlimited travel on rail networks of: Bulgaria, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia, Montenegro, Romania, Turkey (European and Asian network).
Review and ratings
Overall rating (0)
Overall appreciationExcellent 0% Very good 0% Average 0% Poor 0% Terrible 0%
No reviews for this product yet