Why choose us?
900,000 travellers in 2012
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Our dedicated staff at your service.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
Need assistance planning ?
Britrail Scottish Freedom Pass
Experience comfort and style, upgrade to 1st class!
- Destinations: unlimited travel on the national rail network of Scotland.
- Reservation: compulsory for high speed, scenic and night trains.
Book your Britrail Scottish Freedom Pass
BritRail Scottish Freedom Pass
Travel days The travel days indicate how often you can use a railpass.
| Prices are |
displayed in ZAR.
1 to 10 pax
Child Children under 12 usually get a discount. Conditions may differ according to passes.
1 to 10 pax
Senior Senior travellers (over 60) usually get a discount in 1st Class. Conditions may differ according to passes.
1 to 10 pax
Youth Young travellers (12-25) usually gets a discount in 2nd Class. Conditions may differ according to passes.
1 to 10 pax
|4 days (within 8 days)||R||n/a n/a 2,269 n/a||n/a n/a 1,130 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a|
|8 days (within 15 days)||R||n/a n/a 3,028 n/a||n/a n/a 1,510 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a|
BritRail Scottish Freedom pass is the best way to fully explore Scotland and all the secrets of a secular culture.
Breathtakingly landscapes, from Aberdeen to Lerwick, from Edinburgh to Glasgow, by railway, bus or ship, feel free to tailor-make your journey in Scotland and make this country the must-see destination.
Who can get
People with a permanent residence outside of the United Kingdom, for more than six months, are eligible to purchase or use a BritRail Scottish Freedom pass.
How to use
- Passes must be validated within 6 months of issuing date by a railway official in the United Kingdom (station’s desk) who also fills in the passport number (outside promotion periods)
- Passes must be validated prior to boarding the first train or using a bonus
- Passes are actual travel documents and do not need to be exchanged
- The date of travel has to be entered in the correct way before boarding the first train/bonus, by the traveller, in the corresponding box of the calendar
7:00 PM rule does not applies
How to activate your pass?
Before you board the train and travel with your rail pass, you need to activate or validate it at a train station. Railway staff will stamp your pass to show your first and last day of travel. All passes, whether Flexi or Regular, must be validated like this. Britrail Scottish Freedom Pass.
Buses, shipping, fully information, the BritRail Scottish Freedom Pass reserves you discounts negotiated especially for you:
- 20% discount on Northlink Ferries standard fares between Scrabster / Stromness - Aberdeen / Lerwick - Aberdeen/Kirkwall/Lerwick.(Valid only on day of sailing, and applies to reclining seat fares only, not cabin inclusive.
- Up to 20% off on participating Heritage Railways Association’s railways all over the United Kingdom
- Complimentary pack of info & detailed timetables upon validation of pass
Your BritRail Scottish Freedom Pass will also offer you the opportunity to complete your trip with an access to Scottish Citylink bus travel between:
- Oban/Fort William / Inverness - Kyle of Lochalsh / Uig - Inverness / Ullapool - Oban / Campbeltown - Wick / Thurso.
- Stagecoach in Fife services between Dundee and Leuchars / St. Andrews.
- Bus travel on the Isle of Mull with Bowmans Coaches.
- Bus travel between Thurso / Scrabster - Wick / John O’Groats - Thurso / John O’Groats with Highland Country Buses.
- First Edinburgh services to/from the Scottish Borders (Kelso - Melrose - Galashiels - Peebles - Edinburgh (No 62); and Carlisle - Langholm - Hawick - Galashiels - Edinburgh (No X95).
- Bus travel on the Isle of Skye with Highland Country Buses.
- Services between Kyleakin and Kyle of Lochalsh.
Not valid before 09:15 a.m. Monday to Friday on all services except West Highland Line (Glasgow - Oban/Fort William/Mallaig) and Inverness - Kyle Of Lochalsh/Wick/Thurso (North of Scotland lines)
Interactive travel map
The BritRail Scottish Freedom Pass is the best way to discover the country with unlimited travel on the railway network of Scotland. The mythic Highlands, the castles, beautiful landscapes, traditions and culture will no longer have any secret for you.
Review and ratings
Overall rating (0)
Overall appreciationExcellent 0% Very good 0% Average 0% Poor 0% Terrible 0%
No reviews for this product yet