Why choose us?
900,000 travellers in 2012
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Our dedicated staff at your service.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
Need assistance planning ?
France - Switzerland Pass
Review and ratings (38)
Experience comfort and style, upgrade to 1st class!
- Destinations: unlimited travel on the national rail networks of France and Switzerland.
- Reservation: compulsory for high speed, scenic and night trains.
Book your France - Switzerland Pass
|By checking this box, I certify that all selected parties will be travelling together.|| |
Eurail France - Switzerland Pass
Travel days The travel days indicate how often you can use a railpass.
| Prices are |
displayed in ZAR.
1 to 10 pax
Child Child formula's, for those under the age of 12
1 to 10 pax
Senior Senior formula in 1st class only, for traveller from 60 included on the first day of travel
1 to 10 pax
Youth Youth formula for travellers from 12 up to 25 included on the first day of travel in 1st and 2nd
1 to 10 pax
|4 days (within 2 months)||R||3,878 3,293 n/a n/a||1,952 1,671 n/a n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 2,720 n/a|
|5 days (within 2 months)||R||4,207 3,586 n/a n/a||2,122 1,805 n/a n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 2,951 n/a|
|6 days (within 2 months)||R||4,707 4,000 n/a n/a||2,366 2,025 n/a n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 3,305 n/a|
|7 days (within 2 months)||R||5,122 4,354 n/a n/a||2,573 2,195 n/a n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 3,598 n/a|
|8 days (within 2 months)||R||5,549 4,720 n/a n/a||2,793 2,378 n/a n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 3,903 n/a|
|9 days (within 2 months)||R||5,988 5,098 n/a n/a||3,012 2,561 n/a n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 4,207 n/a|
|10 days (within 2 months)||R||6,402 5,451 n/a n/a||3,220 2,744 n/a n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 4,500 n/a|
Offers unlimited train travel throughout France and Switzerland.
France conjures up images of rolling vineyards, fine food and cheese and incomparable art. This is a nation to see in its entirety.
Who can get
People with a permanent residence (for more than 6 months) outside of Europe, the United Kingdom, the Russian Federation or Turkey are eligible to purchase or use a Eurail Regional Pass.
How to use
- Passes must be validated within 6 months of issuing date by a railway official in one of the countries mentioned on the Eurail Regional Pass (station’s desk) who also fills in the passport number (outside promotion periods)
- Passes must be validated prior to boarding 1st train (All parties must be present when validating a Saverpass)
- The date of travel has to be entered in the correct way before boarding the first train, by the traveller, in the corresponding box of the calendar
- If an overnight train starts after 7:00pm on a validated Eurail Regional Pass, the pass holder must enter the next day’s date on the pass, provided it falls within the validity of the pass.
- If an overnight train starts before 7:00pm on a validated Eurail Regional Pass, the pass holder has to fill in two days on the pass: the starting day’s date AND the arrival day’s date on the pass, provided it falls within the validity of the pass.
Each time before boarding a train, bus or boat, it is important that passengers record their trip in the Travel Report on the Pass cover (in blue or black ink). If passengers travel without having entered the trip in the Travel Report, they risk a fine and payment of a full fare ticket.
How to activate your pass?
Before you board the train and travel with your rail pass, you need to activate or validate it at a train station. Railway staff will stamp your pass to show your first and last day of travel. All passes, whether Flexi or Regular, must be validated like this. France - Switzerland Pass.
Benefit from bonuses in selected countries and tailor-make your tour in Europe with Eurail Regional Pass. Hotels discount, reduced boat crossing, buses, museums... your Eurail Pass allows you a wide range of negotiated offers in 15 countries in Europe so that you will fully enjoy the journey!
A Eurail Pass valid for France is also valid by using reservation for travel from France to Basel (Switzerland), Geneva (Switzerland), Ventimiglia (Italy) and Port Bou (Spain).
REDUCED BOAT CROSSINGS
Grimaldi Ferries 20% on official fares (port taxes excluded)
- Toulon - Civitavecchia
- Porto Vecchio (Corsica)
- Civitavecchia/Livorno For tickets and reservations fill in the form EURAIL INTERRAIL on www.grimaldi-lines.com. Italy: +39 081 496 444 Spain: +34 932 959 100
SeaFrance 50% discount
- Calais - Dover Reservations: +33 (0)321 177 020
[Irish Ferries] 30% discount, advance booking recommended
- Cherbourg - Rosslare (February to December)*
- Roscoff - Rosslare (May to September)* *No daily sailings. France +33 (0)233 234 444 Ireland +353 (0)818 300 400
Bus free transportation
- Digne – St. Auban / Veynes
- Oloron – Canfranc (Spain)
Chemins de fer de Corse All journeys in Corsica 50% discount
Chemins de fer de Provence
- Nice - Digne 50% discount
Bus SNCF free transportation
- Digne-St Auban
The national railway company of Switzerland is SBB.
A Eurail Pass valid in Switzerland is also valid for travel on several private railway companies:
Please check the validity on "Swiss Railways Companies" and "Swiss Shipping Companies" tabs.
REDUCED BOAT CROSSINGS
BSB, SBS and ÖBB 50% discount
- Boat crossings on Lake Constance (Bodensee) from May to October Wilhelm-Tell-Express discounted fare; www.wilhelmtellexpress.com,
- Nostalgic boat crossings Luzern-Flüelen and connecting train ride from Flüelen to Locarno/Lugano.Reservation is compulsory.
Wilhelm Tell Express discounted fare
- Nostalgic boat crossings Luzern-Flüelen and connecting train ride to Locarno/Lugano (reservation compulsory)
- Chur/St Moritz - Tirano - Lugano: reduced fare for the compulsory train reservation from Chur/St Moritz to Tirano and for the connecting bus service to Lugano
Discounted private railway companies from 25% to 50% discount
- BB Bürgenstockbahn Kehrsiten-Bürgenstock
- BET Bergbahnen Engelberg - Trübsee - Titlis / Engelberg - Kleintitlis
- BLM Lauterbrunnen - Grütschalp - Mürren
- BOB Berner Oberland - Bahnen
- GGB Gornergratbahn
- JB Jungfraubahn
- PB Pilatusbahn (Alpnachstad - Pilatus Kulm / Kriens - Fräkmüntegg - Pilatus Kulm)
- MGB Matterhorn - Gotthard Bahn
- RB Rigi - Bahn
- SthB Stanserhorn Bahn
- WAB Wengeralpbahn
Verkehrsmuseum 25% discount on entrance fee
Transport Museum in Lucerne
A pass valid in Switzerland is also valid on the following private transport companies :
|SBB-CFF-FFS||Swiss Federal Railways||main lines|
|AB||Appenzeller Bahnen||AG Gossau/St.Gallen-Appenzell-Altstätten|
|ASM||Aare Seeland mobil A||Biel - Täuffelen - Ins|
|ASM||Aare Seeland mobil AG||Oberaargau - Jura|
|ASM||Aare Seeland mobil AG||Solothurn - Niederbipp|
|MBC||Chemin de fer||Bière-Apples-Morges|
|BDWM||BDWM Transport AG||Bremgarten - Dietikon|
|BDWM||Transport AG||Wohlen - Meisterschwanden|
|BLS-bls||BLS AG||Emmental - Burgdorf - Thun|
|BLS-bls||BLS AG||Solothurn - Moutier|
|BLS-bls||BLS AG||Vevey - Mont-Pélerin|
|BLS-bls||BLS AG||Bern - Lötschberg - Simplon|
|BLS-bn||BLS AG||Bern - Neuchatel|
|BLS-gbs||BLS AG||Bern – Thun / Schwarzenburg|
|BLS-sez||BLS AG||Spiez – Erlenbach - Zweisimmen|
|BLT||Baselland Transport AG||Birsigtal - Birseck|
|BLT||Baselland Transport AG||La Chaux-de-Fonds|
|CJ||Chemins de Fer du Jura||Tavannes/Gloveller|
|CJ||Chemins de Fer du Jura||Koblenz Grenze – Waldshut|
|FART||Ferrovie Autoliniee Regionali Ticinesi||Locarno - Camedo trs|
|FB||Forchbahn AG||Zürich Stadelhofen – Forch - Esslingen|
|FW||Frauenfeld-Wil-Bahn AG||Frauenfeld – Will|
|LEB||Chemin de fer||Lausanne - Echallens – Bercher|
|MOB||Montreux Oberland Bernois||Montreux - Spiez|
|NStCM||Chemin de fer Nyon-St.Cergue-Morez||Nyon - La Cure|
|OC||Chemin de fer Orbe-Chavornay||Orbe - Chavornay|
|RBS||Regionalverkehr Bern - Solothurn||Bern - Solothurn/Worb|
|RhB||Rhätische Bahn AG||Chur – Davos – St. Moritz and Graubünden|
|SOB||Südostbahn||Bodensee - Toggenburg|
|SSIF||Società subalpina di imprese ferroviarie||Domodossola-Locarno|
|SZU||Sihltal-Zürich-Uetliberg-Bahn||Sihltal - Zürich - Uetliberg|
|TB||Trogenerbahn AG||St. Gallen - Trogen|
|THURBO||THURBO AG||Konstanz – Wil / Romanshorn – Schaffhausen|
|TMR||Transports de Martigny et Regions SA||Martigny - Châtelard|
|TMR||Transports de Martigny et Regions SA||Martigny - Orsières|
|TPC||Transports Public du Chablais SA||Aigle - Leysin|
|TPC||Transports Public du Chablais SA||Aigle - Ollon - Monthey - Champéry|
|TPC||Transports Public du Chablais SA||Aigle - Sépey - Les Diablerets|
|TPC||Transports Public du Chablais SA||Bex - Villars BVB|
|TPF||Transports publique fribourgeois||Gruyère-Fribourg-Morat|
|TRAVYS||TRAVYS SA||Pont - Brassus|
|TRAVYS||TRAVYS SA||Yverdon - Ste Croix|
|TRN||Transports régionaux neuchâtelois||La Chaux de Fonds-Les Ponts de Martel|
|TRN||Transports régionaux neuchâtelois||Le Locle-Les Brenets|
|TRN||Transports régionaux neuchâtelois||Travers-Fleurier-Buttes - Neuchâtel|
|WB||Waldenburgerbahn||Liestal - Waldenburg|
|ZB||ZB Zentralbahn AG||Luzern – Engelberg / Brüniglinie|
|BLS-brS||bls schifffahrt thuner- und brienzersee||Brienzer See|
|BLS-thS||bls schifffahrt thuner- und brienzersee||Lake Thun|
|CGN||Compagnie Générale de Navigation sur le Lac Léman||Lake Geneva|
|LNM||Société de Navigation sur les lacs Neuchâtel et Morat||Lake Neuchâtel and Lake Murten|
|SGV||Schifffahrtsgesellschaft des Vierwaldstättersees||Lake Lucerne|
|URh||Schweizerische Schifffahrtsgesellschaft Untersee and Rhine||Untersee und Rhein|
Interactive travel map
Visit world-class cities - centers of Olympic tradition (Lausanne) and banking (Geneva). Taste mouthwatering chocolates and shuss down snow-capped mountains. See it all while relaxing by the train’s subtle chugging, carrying you through these two incredible countries.
Why settle for Paris alone when you can bike the Loire Valley, or sachet along the South of France sand? The same goes for scenic Switzerland.
Review and ratings
Overall rating (38)
Overall appreciationExcellent 50% Very good 26% Average 16% Poor 8% Terrible 0%
"First great experience" Ben Yew Loon t.
My first great experience with Rail Europe was very pleasant and it pays to opt for 1st class because the service and comfort far surpasses the money that is spent. Our family can only remember fond memories of the rail rides. The one time payment pass was another big convenience as we do not need to worry about having to get tickets for each individual trip. The interior of the train was well kept and in pristine condition. You can literally sleep comfortably in the train until arrival. It was a great ride and if you ask me, will I take Rail Europe again, the answer is an emphatic "YES" Value for money Convenience