Why choose us?
900,000 travellers in 2012
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Our dedicated staff at your service.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
Need assistance planning ?
German Rail Pass
Review and ratings (114)
Experience comfort and style, upgrade to 1st class!
- Destinations: unlimited travel on the national rail network of Germany. Use an extension to travel beyond Germany.
- Reservation: compulsory for high speed, scenic and night trains.
Book your German Rail Pass
|By checking this box, I certify that all selected parties will be travelling together.|| |
German Rail Pass
Travel days The travel days indicate how often you can use a railpass.
| Prices are |
displayed in ZAR.
1 to 10 pax
Child Child formula's, for those under the age of 12
1 to 10 pax
Senior Senior formula in 1st class only, for traveller from 60 included on the first day of travel
1 to 10 pax
Youth Youth formula for travellers from 12 up to 25 included on the first day of travel in 1st and 2nd
1 to 10 pax
|3 days (within 1 month)||R||3,012 2,323 2,293 1,695||1,506 n/a 1,147 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 1,830 n/a|
|4 days (within 1 month)||R||3,220 2,433 2,464 1,842||1,610 n/a 1,232 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 1,976 n/a|
|5 days (within 1 month)||R||3,512 2,708 2,647 1,970||1,756 n/a 1,324 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 2,098 n/a|
|6 days (within 1 month)||R||3,939 2,976 2,915 2,177||1,970 n/a 1,458 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 2,256 n/a|
|7 days (within 1 month)||R||4,329 3,250 3,195 2,372||2,165 n/a 1,598 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 2,378 n/a|
|8 days (within 1 month)||R||4,720 3,525 3,439 2,598||2,360 n/a 1,720 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 2,500 n/a|
|9 days (within 1 month)||R||5,195 3,799 3,756 2,805||2,598 n/a 1,878 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 2,659 n/a|
|10 days (within 1 month)||R||5,610 4,085 4,025 3,000||2,805 n/a 2,013 n/a||n/a n/a n/a n/a||n/a n/a 2,793 n/a|
Make the most of your trip in Germany!
The sightseeing of its varied landscape of mountains, forests and lakes will enchant you. Germany offers you as well a wide range of events, concerts and carnival parties that make the country a great holiday destination to be discovered with the rhythm of a complete rail travel across the country.
Who can get
Non European permanent residents from Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, and Turkey (for more than six months) are eligible to purchase or use a German Rail Pass.
How to use
- Passes must be validated within 6 months of issuing date by a railway official in Germany (station’s desk) who also fills in the passport number (outside promotion periods)
- Passes must be validated prior to boarding the first train/ship
- An Inspector on international trains to Germany may also validate a pass when the holder of the German Rail Pass arrives in Germany. In that case, the starting date for validity to be shown on the pass is the date on which it is inspected
- The date of travel has to be entered in the correct way before boarding the first train/ship, by the traveller, in the corresponding box of the calendar
This simple rule will allow you to benefit from a free travel day. Make sure that the following points are respected:
- Your pass should be activated
- You should not have travelled by train prior to your boarding on the departure day
- Board a night train after 7:00 pm
- Arrive at your destination after 4:00 am on the next day
- The arrival date should be within the validity of the pass
If the conditions are respected, then you only have to write the arrival date on your pass.
If the conditions are not respected, then you have to enter the departure and arrival dates on your pass.
How to activate your pass?
Before you board the train and travel with your rail pass, you need to activate or validate it at a train station. Railway staff will stamp your pass to show your first and last day of travel. All passes, whether Flexi or Regular, must be validated like this. German Rail Pass.
- The German town Rail Pass is available in either for the 1st and 2nd.
- Infants (under 2 years starting the day with a path) free (when sharing a bed / seat with adult)
- Children (ages 6 and older use the path to the start date, 12 years): half the adult rate
- German Rail Pass Extension: buy the extension and use it in conjunction with your pass to travel as much as you want beyond Germany to cities like Brussels, Prague and some to some most sought cities in Austria and Italy
Interactive travel map
The German Rail Pass is THE best way to discover Germany for non European residents. This pass provides unlimited travel on the Deutsch Railways (Deutsche Bahn) either in 1st Class or 2nd Class.
Moreover, thanks to partnerships bonuses, Germany can be the starting point of a more complete trip across Europe with special offers Berlin Warszawa Express, Paris-Germany Night Trains...
Your imagination is the unique limit to your journey.
Review and ratings
Overall rating (114)
Overall appreciationExcellent 50% Very good 35% Average 13% Poor 2% Terrible 0%
"A good travel experience" Yuen Mei Yolanda t.
The German Rail Pass is convenience and economic for budgeted travelers. It would help to save more $$ and time. The train officers were really nice, even arrange a 1st class seat for me and my sister whom were carrying 2 big luggages. German is a really nice place with environment and people Comfort Value for money Convenience
"An excellent way to travel"Judith p. 24/10/2012
My train trips in Germany were very comfortable. The ticketing process was easy. My only complaint is that there was no one to help me with my heavy bag on and off the train. I was away for eight weeks so had a rather big bag which someone put on the top luggage shelf on my way to Munich. There was no one on the station to help and I asked a man who was getting on the train to get it down for me. I was afraid the train was going to leave with me on it. Comfort Value for money Convenience