Why choose us?
900,000 travellers in 2012
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Our dedicated staff at your service.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
Need assistance planning ?
Berlin - Warsaw Express
Review and ratings (43)
Experience comfort and style, upgrade to 1st class!
Find a point to point ticket
Berlin - Warsaw Express network
The Berlin-Warsaw Express is operated by Deutsche Bahn (DB), the German national railway network. It unites the revitalized city of Berlin, Germany with the city of Warsaw, in Poland.
There are 3 daily departures and returns, and the journey takes 6 hours. Tickets can be booked up to 60 days in advance and reservation is mandatory (and included in the cost of the ticket).
Berlin offers the dynamism and vitality of one of Europe’s great capitals. Its historical past, reunification in 1990 and role at the heart of Europe today have combined to create a creative, bustling metropolis. Largely rebuilt since the end of the Second World War, Warsaw boasts a historic old town that is on UNESCO’s World Heritage List.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Depart from either Frankfurt or Berlin, pass through Poznan and arrive in Warsaw. Departures from Warsaw stop at Poznan, before calling at either Frankfurt or Berlin.
|Berlin - Poznan||2h 51|
|Berlin - Warsaw||5h 54|
|Frankfurt - Poznan||7h 44|
|Frankfurt - Warsaw||10h 37|
|Warsaw - Poznan||2h 50|Berlin Warsaw 05:28 R556
Before you go, read up on your history and learn more about the role these two cities played in European history.
Booking & Ticket deliveryBooking :
- Berlin - Warsaw Express tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Ticket delivery option(s) :
|Paper ticket||Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.|
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
• Berlin’s Hauptbahnhof (central train station) opened in 2006 and is considered the largest in Europe – so make sure you have time to find your platform. It offers a range of food options and a currency exchange service.
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>||√|
|Restaurant car Drinks, snacks and delicious meals, to make the most of your trip. small>||√||√|
|Trolley service Catering by the trolley service is offered directly at seat. small>||√||√|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period. small>||√||√|
Interactive travel map
Review and ratings
Overall rating (43)
Overall appreciationExcellent 35% Very good 40% Average 19% Poor 7% Terrible 0%
"Berlin to Warsaw" Daniel t.
Cheap and quick way to travel. Very nice clean carriage! Would recommend as an alternative to flying over these type of distances. No waiting in an airport, just straight on with the journey. I will use this service again in the near future! Comfort Value for money Convenience