Why choose us?
900,000 travellers in 2012
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Our dedicated staff at your service.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
Need assistance planning ?
Review and ratings (1179)
Experience comfort and style, upgrade to 1st class!
Find a point to point ticket
TGV Lyria network
TGV Lyria is operated by the French national railway-SNCF and the Swiss national railway-CFF. The high speed train links France and Switzerland. TGV Lyria enables you to reach Basel, Zurich, Bern, Lausanne and Geneva from Gare de Lyon in less than 4 hours. TGV Lyria will take you from France to major Swiss cities, ski resorts and lakes.
The TGV Lyria will take you from Paris city center and major train stations to the snow white Swiss mountains in just a couple of hours. Breathtaking scenery is very much part of your journey.
Bookings can be done up 3 months prior to your travel date. Earliest booking will beneficiate from the best fares for the TGV Lyria.
Popular journeys and travel durations
The TGV Lyria links cities such as Paris or Dijon in France and/to cities such as Geneva, Lausanne, Neuchatel, Bern and Zurich in Switzerland.
Less than 4h by TGV Lyria train, the cities below can be reached from the international hub of Paris:
|Paris – Geneva||3h05|
|Paris - Lausanne||3h34|
|Paris - Basel||3h03|
|Paris - Zurich||4h03|
|Paris - Interlaken||5h39|
|Geneva - Marseille||3h32|
|Geneva - Nice||6h19|Zurich Paris 04:03 R1,461 Geneva Paris 03:07 R447 Basel Paris 03:03 R495 Lyon Geneva 01:42 R435 Bern Paris 04:42 R580 Lausanne Paris 03:37 R664 Zurich Mulhouse 01:18 R507 Basel Mulhouse 00:18 R266
With TGV Lyria’s first class you will experience the première service on board the Lyria. You will be able to relax by enjoying a peaceful break, reading a book, watching a movie on your iPad or just by laying back. Complimentary meal and drinks will be served at your seat. While on board you can make a taxi reservation in Paris.
Booking & Ticket deliveryBooking :
- TGV Lyria tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Ticket delivery option(s) :
|Paper ticket||Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.|
|Print @ home||Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.||Printing guide|
|Print @ Station (from France)||Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.||Printing guide|
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
- The Gare de Lyon in Paris (train station) has car parking facilities and an excellent connection with public transport system and taxis.
- You can use luggage lockers in the stations to avoid carrying your suitcases around with you, if you arrive with time to spare before you board TGV Lyria.
- The Swiss train stations have an excellent connection to a vast network of public transport system.
- Passengers travelling from Zurich onboard the 1st class of the TGV Lyria, can use the CFF lounge where drinks, internet access, newspapers and magazines are available.
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>||√|
|Meal and drink* A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>||√|
|Taxi reservation** Pre-book a taxi and don’t waste time when you get off at your destination. small>||√|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>||√|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>||√||√|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>||√||√|
*except on Geneva <> Montpellier/Marseille/Nice ** except on Geneva<>Nice
First and Second class onboard the TGV Lyria
- First Class includes large reclining seats, a welcome drink, power sockets and a gourmet meal served at your seat.*
- Taxi booking service is available onboard. No need to wait until your arrival to make a taxi booking.
- Second Class includes generous legroom, bar buffer car with a wide selection of meals and beverages.
The TGV Lyriapremière service, a class above
- The Lyriapremière Service includes a quality meal, a delicious cold gourmet and other services. You will be served at your seat allowing you to travel in comfort. Depending on the time of the day, you will be offered either a breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea or an evening meal. The menu differs. In summer you can expect salads whereas in winter you can expect more festive meals. The quality does not change.
Metro tickets onboard
- Buy tickets for the Paris metro onboard. They are available for sale at the bar buffet car.
Interactive travel map
Review and ratings
Overall rating (1179)
Overall appreciationExcellent 40% Very good 37% Average 16% Poor 3% Terrible 3%
"DIY - Euro trains"Lim t. 13/05/2013
The tickets purchased from RailEurope poses no problems for me. Train conductors understand and have no issues with those tickets that i have purchased. Train schedules are accurate. Value for money Convenience
"Fantastic Train Journey"J k. 13/05/2013
I travelled with my family from Paris to Zurich on May 01, 2013 by TGV Lyria. It was a fantastic experience. My only suggestion is that the facility for booking through Net Banking should also be made available. I booked my hotels through net banking. - Ashok Das, Duliajan, Assam, India. Value for money Convenience
"Within EXpectations"Wee Hoe w. 11/05/2013
Preferred mode to air travel between Lausanne and Paris. Breakfast on-board was a nice surprise and it was good. No Wi-Fi, though read somewhere it was available. Seats were really comfy and the ride was quiet. All in, satisfaction for the price paid. Value for money Convenience
"Great Trip"Ricardo c. 07/05/2013
Buying the e-tickets was super easy and couldn't find any better rates than the ones I bought here. I arrived from Costa Rica into Paris at 6am, took the Air France direct bus to Gare de Lyon at 7.30 am and then the TGV Lyria an hour later, which departed on the second ! The seats were very comfortable, clean, and super modern. The lunch service was very good, which included entrée, main dish, salad, wine, cheese, and desert Value for money Convenience
"Paris to Lausane"Hari s. 06/05/2013
Our trip from Paris Gare De Lyon was a good one on the TGV Lyria. However, certain things could have made it better. 1. The train could have been a bit more cleaner. 2. There were a few stops that, while necessary, delayed the trip - although they did mention the same and apologized at the destination. Value for money Convenience
"Train ride to Basel"Hwee Ying c. 06/05/2013
My flight was delayed which led me to miss my original train, however the ground staffs were very helpful to assist me, which i was very grateful granted it was strike that day. However, I do hope there were more English speaking service staffs. Value for money Convenience
"enjoyed the journey"Saleem k. 05/05/2013
enjoyed the journey Value for money Convenience
"train always the best"Abdulla a. 03/05/2013
If there is option to transport between cities, come to the train it is fast, less headache, and enjoyable. For me I would recommend train if the trip is 0 changes and less than 5 hrs since I'm traveling with my family and we have heavy language Value for money Convenience
"TGV Paris to Geneva"Shelley s. 03/05/2013
Very easy and efficient, comfort like an airplane flight. But the cafeteria was a big disappointment. The woman working there was extremely unpleasant, didn't understand English, and charged an exorbitant price for a tiny cup of coffee from a machine, which tasted awful. Value for money Convenience
"wonderful trip "Yuen Ping t. 03/05/2013
wonderful trip on a clean n fast train, very impressed and very happy to travel with TGV Lyria. Value for money Convenience
"Excellent"Yuen Ping t. 02/05/2013
Its more than excellent.We back with nice memory of eurorail trip.
"An excellent ride"Gajanan w. 02/05/2013
I travelled with my family (wife and daughter) from Paris to Zurich. The entire journey was excellent. The train left exactly on time and arrived on time too. The ride was extremely comfortable even at speeds in excess of 300kph. The seats were comfortable with enough leg space (we occupied 3 of the 4 semi-enclosed seats). There was also adequate space to store our 3 pieces of luggage. The toilets were clean as well. The train officials were very courteous. Value for money Convenience
"Europe by train Wow !"Sharon o. 01/05/2013
I recently completed my first solo train journey through Italy, Switzerland and France. Due to minor mobility issues I was concerned about connecting trains at Zuerich HB, I had no problems at all. The station has easy access to all trains and just a short walk from one platform to the other. The service on board TGV Lyria is great with clean comfortable seating and plenty of baggage spaces. I will do this journey again. Value for money Convenience
"Perfect holiday by trains"Gekseng s. 02/04/2013
I booked the tickets 3 mths in advance. So the return fares are cheap! In Geneva and Paris the check-in are smooth. Rides are comfortable and relaxing. Leaving us energy to explore Paris on 3-day trip. Both to and fro, the trains are punctual. Thumbs up to TGV Lyria. Comfort Value for money Convenience