Find a Train Ticket
- London - Edinburgh: 04:19
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 60 days in advance
- High speed trains
Reviews & ratings (145)
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
UK trains link all Britain from London to Oxford, Glasgow to Edinburg and Cardiff to Birmingham etc.
Great Britain is full of contrasts, whichever direction you travel you will find a wide variety of landscapes. Hop on and discover the countryside by train in a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. From cosmopolitan and vibrant cities to historic places and their richness in heritage, trains will take you everywhere.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Along 15,795 kilometres of tracks, 23 Train Operating Companies work together for providing the most complete rail network. Long distance traffic, Regional and National lines, everything is made to ease each kind of rail travel.
With its 14 terminals from which the main lines connect to the other parts of Great Britain, London is the hub of the UK rail network. The large choice of schedules will be the opportunity to tailor-make your journey and easily plan day trips to visit Oxford, Cambridge, Brighton or Windsor in one day from London.
From East to West or North to South, and although a few of them are High Speed trains, UK rail network trains run all year long and offer quick connections across the regions. Here are some examples of routes and best travel times:
|London Paddington - Oxford||0h53|
|London Waterloo - Portsmouth||1h35|
|London St Pancras - Dover Priory||1h09|
|Cardiff Central - Birmingham New Street||2h|
|Glasgow - Edinburg||0h58|
|London||Stratford Upon A||01:59||R113|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- UK Trains tickets are open for booking 60 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ Station
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Recommended for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket when offered by the train carrier. With the included reservation, you are guaranteed a seat to make your journey more enjoyable.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Most of the stations are equipped with self-service ticket machines where you will be able to collect your Print @ the station ticket. First class is ideal for business travellers as well as for passengers who want to be pampered. First class tickets provide access to first class lounges in the main stations.
|First class||Second class|
|Snacks and beverages Whenever you feel peckish, you can buy something on board to eat or drink. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board certain trains. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Due to the limited availability on overnight trains, if you must change your sleeper reservation, try to do so immediately. You can visit the local station at least 24 hours prior to the train's departure and see what is available. Be aware that your reservation change may be subject to local service fees and/or upgrade charges. Reservations are required for sleepers and couchettes on all overnight trains and can be made up to 60 days in advance.
- A. Paper tickets will be sent to you by postal mail prior to departure.
- A. Maps are provided with many multiple country passes and some single country passes. We have online maps for planning on our site.
- A. Yes, we recomand that you would purchase tickets and make your seat reservations prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains and disrupting your travel plans.
- A. Yes, non-smoking cars are available on all trains. Most high- speed trains are now completely non-smoking and all reservations are requested in non-smoking coaches when both options are available. There is no smoking on all trains in France, Italy, Norway, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg, and Switzerland.
- A. No, but we do offer discounted rate for many of our tickets and passes for Youth passengers. To qualify for a Youth Pass, you must be under age 26 on the first day of travel.
- A. Go to our train times on our Train Tickets and Schedules select the number of passengers then click the box next to "Click this box if you have a Rail Pass". All results that are displayed will show you fares that are valid for passes. To insure you select the correct fare for your pass view the details. All passes that are valid with each fare are listed in the details.
- A. The BritRail Family Pass allows one child between the ages of 5 and 15 to travel free with an adult or senior BritRail Pass holder.
- A. First class on the Spanish day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, friendly staff to serve you drinks and light snacks at your seat and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat. Second class on the Spanish day train offers generous legroom, bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat.
- A. Breakfast is served before 11:00 a.m.; lunch is served between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00pm A snack is served between 2:00pm and 5:00pm Dinner is served after 5:00pm.
answered | Posted by Rahayu N. | Comments 2 | Created: 25/05/2015
answered | Posted by Yilan M. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/05/2015
answered | Posted by Dilne M. | Comments 0 | Created: 19/05/2015
answered | Posted by Snowfish N. | Comments 0 | Created: 17/05/2015
Reviews & ratings
Overall rating (145)
Overall appreciationExcellent 34% Very good 37% Average 21% Poor 2% Terrible 5%
"London To Manchester"Muhamad Azri h.
A virgin ride on the train Value for money Convenience
"Nice trip"Gaya o. 08/12/2014
The train was on time. There was enough space for our luggage. I just think the space between the seats could be bigger. Value for money Convenience
"Take the Train"Dorene k. 02/12/2014
It's clean, comfortable, and a smooth ride. The service on board is good. Watching the fields, and towns go by with ease. A pleasant experience. The train arrived on time. Value for money Convenience
"King Cross to Edinburgh"Yeow Hock Jeremy g. 25/11/2014
I enjoy the train ride from London King Cross Station to Edinburgh. The timing is ok and the scenery is beautiful when I took the train. Value for money Convenience
"Tickets"Ligia n. 02/11/2014
I try to use credit cards the least possible when abroad. Therefore I would prefer a machine that reads a bar code on my ticket reservation in order to issue the ticket, rather than having to use a credit card in order to issue the ticket (even if no payment is being charged for issuing it). Besides that the trip was very comfortable and on time. Value for money Convenience
"Edinburgh to London train"John h. 20/10/2014
The trip went well. The train was on time, reasonably comfortable and easy to use with convenient on and off stops. it was very useful to have train reps on the track directing where to stand to get the proper car. My only comment concerns baggage, it was a bit tough to negotiate bags and find storage on the car. Value for money Convenience
"Edinburgh to London "Peter c. 18/10/2014
A thoroughly enjoyable experience, appreciated the assistance given when ticketing , a staff member saw that we were unfamiliar with the process and helped us, the train was on time with info given as the trip progressed. We arrived on time, quite relaxed. Value for money Convenience
"Helpful"Chak Wing k. 18/09/2014
I got my tickets from the Euston Service Counter. The officer was very helpful and printed a full set of return tickets (10 tickets) for me. He explained how to use them in the trains. Thanks a lot. Value for money Convenience
"ALAWADHI"Mohammed a. 28/08/2014
Very good Value for money Convenience
"Tons of luggage but no space"Azlinah m. 10/08/2014
I had my very first experience with RAILeurope. It was easy to navigate at the train station with luggage and easy instruction by the information counter officer. However, had a lot of difficulty to carry out big luggage up to the train. We bought this big luggage because we were heading to london then to paris before we head home to Singapore. Lucky thing, we had a 63year old man in our tour group to help us load those luggage. And the best part was, the train manager in the coach was kind enough to give us the space to put our luggage at the side of their bar. Overall, it was satisfying experience, thank you train manager and RAILeurope. Value for money Convenience
"Train Trip"Sanjaykumar a. 03/08/2014
Traveling was very good on UK Trains, leg room is very less. Value for money
"My train tip in the British Is"Lois k. 20/07/2014
We thought the train service was incredible. The only negative was when you had to transfer from one train to another in a short period of time with luggage and all steps! There was no information on where to meet your transfer train. Value for money Convenience
"It is Okay"Wen-hung k. 12/07/2014
There is nothing special. It is punctual and relatively comfortable. However, I would hope when changing trains at Maninngtree, we do not need to go down to underpass and come up to another platform. It is really difficult when you travel with big suitcase. Value for money Convenience
"Scotland by rail"Michael d. 01/06/2014
it was fast and comfortable,as conditions allowed, especially as it was not a premier train,but a local being used. Value for money Convenience
"Edinburgh to Manchester"Ryan Joshua Tien Ming s. 14/05/2014
Train ride was comfortable enough. I got it at a discounted price. Service was excellent. Train was on time. Value for money Convenience