Great deals to tour Europe!
Get up to R900 off your booking and enjoy summer in Europe!
Discover iconic cities such as Paris, London and Rome.
Find a Train Ticket
- London - Edinburgh: 04:19
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 60 days in advance
- High speed trains
Reviews & ratings (145)
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
UK trains link all Britain from London to Oxford, Glasgow to Edinburg and Cardiff to Birmingham etc.
Great Britain is full of contrasts, whichever direction you travel you will find a wide variety of landscapes. Hop on and discover the countryside by train in a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. From cosmopolitan and vibrant cities to historic places and their richness in heritage, trains will take you everywhere.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Along 15,795 kilometres of tracks, 23 Train Operating Companies work together for providing the most complete rail network. Long distance traffic, Regional and National lines, everything is made to ease each kind of rail travel.
With its 14 terminals from which the main lines connect to the other parts of Great Britain, London is the hub of the UK rail network. The large choice of schedules will be the opportunity to tailor-make your journey and easily plan day trips to visit Oxford, Cambridge, Brighton or Windsor in one day from London.
From East to West or North to South, and although a few of them are High Speed trains, UK rail network trains run all year long and offer quick connections across the regions. Here are some examples of routes and best travel times:
|London Paddington - Oxford||0h53|
|London Waterloo - Portsmouth||1h35|
|London St Pancras - Dover Priory||1h09|
|Cardiff Central - Birmingham New Street||2h|
|Glasgow - Edinburg||0h58|
|London||Stratford Upon A||01:59||R116|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- UK Trains tickets are open for booking 60 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ Station
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Recommended for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket when offered by the train carrier. With the included reservation, you are guaranteed a seat to make your journey more enjoyable.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
Most of the stations are equipped with self-service ticket machines where you will be able to collect your Print @ the station ticket. First class is ideal for business travellers as well as for passengers who want to be pampered. First class tickets provide access to first class lounges in the main stations.
|First class||Second class|
|Snacks and beverages Whenever you feel peckish, you can buy something on board to eat or drink. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board certain trains. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. On-board Frecciarossa trains, the official luggage allowance is two large bags or suitcases and one piece of hand luggage. It’s enough to enjoy a very long trip and explore the richness of Italy.
- A. No. You need to buy your Eurail Italy pass before travelling to Europe. Just remember that Eurail passes, including Eurail Italy pass, can be bought up to six months in advance of your travel date.
- A. Your e-ticket is included in the email confirmation you receive from Rail Europe.
- A. Depending on where you are traveling, there are two different rules regarding overnight travel. Some trains allow travelers departing after 7 PM to mark only the following day on the pass, meaning that only one travel day will be used. However, other trains will require that this travel use 2 days on your pass. It is recommended that you check the rules included in the ticket jacket included with your pass for more specific information.
- A. A travel day lasts 24 hours, in which you can take as many trains or public transport services as you wish.
- A. When travelling to Switzerland, or departing from this country, your ticket does not need to be punched. Ticket inspectors will check your ticket during your Lyria journey. You should be able to produce currently valid proof of eligibility for the fare you have chosen at any time.
- A. Simply enter 1 passenger on the request page. The results page will display 1-3 passenger rooms depending on what is available. When booking a room that has more than one bed, the compartment is shared.
- A. Heathrow Express arrives in London's Paddington Station.
- A. Yes, you may need to make a reservation. All trains that travel internationally will require reservations. All night trains and high-speed trains will require reservations. Most trains in these countries will require reservations: France, Spain, and Italy.
- A. Like most high-speed trains in Europe, you need to make a booking when travelling with Thalys. Passholders with passes covering the whole Thalys route (Eurail Global Pass, Eurail Select Pass including France, Benelux or Germany, depending on the route, Eurail and Benelux-France) benefit from special Passholder fares. Just bear in mind that some passes covering partially the Thalys sector like France Rail Pass but also Eurail passes including Benelux-France / France-Germany / France-Italy / France-Spain / France-Switzerland / Benelux also offer special Passholder deals. German Rail Pass is not valid on Thalys routes to Germany.
answered | Posted by Stu H. | Comments 0 | Created: 25/07/2015
answered | Posted by Scott T. | Comments 2 | Created: 18/07/2015
answered | Posted by manjitinder j. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/07/2015
answered | Posted by Anita D. | Comments 0 | Created: 25/06/2015
answered | Posted by OLUSEGUN O. | Comments 1 | Created: 22/06/2015
Reviews & ratings
Overall rating (145)
Overall appreciationExcellent 34% Very good 37% Average 21% Poor 2% Terrible 5%
"London To Manchester"Muhamad Azri h.
A virgin ride on the train Value for money Convenience
"Smooth journey"Muhamad Azri h. 10/01/2015
Smooth journey from Manchester to London. Train on time.
"Nice trip"Gaya o. 08/12/2014
The train was on time. There was enough space for our luggage. I just think the space between the seats could be bigger. Value for money Convenience
"Take the Train"Dorene k. 02/12/2014
It's clean, comfortable, and a smooth ride. The service on board is good. Watching the fields, and towns go by with ease. A pleasant experience. The train arrived on time. Value for money Convenience
"King Cross to Edinburgh"Yeow Hock Jeremy g. 25/11/2014
I enjoy the train ride from London King Cross Station to Edinburgh. The timing is ok and the scenery is beautiful when I took the train. Value for money Convenience
"Tickets"Ligia n. 02/11/2014
I try to use credit cards the least possible when abroad. Therefore I would prefer a machine that reads a bar code on my ticket reservation in order to issue the ticket, rather than having to use a credit card in order to issue the ticket (even if no payment is being charged for issuing it). Besides that the trip was very comfortable and on time. Value for money Convenience
"Edinburgh to London train"John h. 20/10/2014
The trip went well. The train was on time, reasonably comfortable and easy to use with convenient on and off stops. it was very useful to have train reps on the track directing where to stand to get the proper car. My only comment concerns baggage, it was a bit tough to negotiate bags and find storage on the car. Value for money Convenience
"Edinburgh to London "Peter c. 18/10/2014
A thoroughly enjoyable experience, appreciated the assistance given when ticketing , a staff member saw that we were unfamiliar with the process and helped us, the train was on time with info given as the trip progressed. We arrived on time, quite relaxed. Value for money Convenience
"Journey to York"Peter c. 26/09/2014
The journey from Newcastle to York is very pleasant and thank you for such efficient transportation.
"Helpful"Chak Wing k. 18/09/2014
I got my tickets from the Euston Service Counter. The officer was very helpful and printed a full set of return tickets (10 tickets) for me. He explained how to use them in the trains. Thanks a lot. Value for money Convenience
"ALAWADHI"Mohammed a. 28/08/2014
Very good Value for money Convenience
"Tons of luggage but no space"Azlinah m. 10/08/2014
I had my very first experience with RAILeurope. It was easy to navigate at the train station with luggage and easy instruction by the information counter officer. However, had a lot of difficulty to carry out big luggage up to the train. We bought this big luggage because we were heading to london then to paris before we head home to Singapore. Lucky thing, we had a 63year old man in our tour group to help us load those luggage. And the best part was, the train manager in the coach was kind enough to give us the space to put our luggage at the side of their bar. Overall, it was satisfying experience, thank you train manager and RAILeurope. Value for money Convenience
"Train Trip"Sanjaykumar a. 03/08/2014
Traveling was very good on UK Trains, leg room is very less. Value for money
"My train tip in the British Is"Lois k. 20/07/2014
We thought the train service was incredible. The only negative was when you had to transfer from one train to another in a short period of time with luggage and all steps! There was no information on where to meet your transfer train. Value for money Convenience
"It is Okay"Wen-hung k. 12/07/2014
There is nothing special. It is punctual and relatively comfortable. However, I would hope when changing trains at Maninngtree, we do not need to go down to underpass and come up to another platform. It is really difficult when you travel with big suitcase. Value for money Convenience