Life changes by the minute, and in just ten minutes a funicular can easily transport you from Interlaken Ost station to incredible views Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau as well as Lakes Brienz and Thun. Ten minutes is all it takes to ascend over 1,300 metres to the Harder Kulm. See gorgeous scenery en-route as the funicular climbs through charming forests, and you’ll even pass by a wildlife park. Enjoy panoramic views from the “Two-Lakes-Bridge” viewing platform, offering a glass area in the floor allowing for some amazing sightseeing. Treat yourself to a bite to eat at the lovely restaurant, just a five minute walk from the station. If your travel plans include Interlaken, be sure to include a journey to Harder Kulm, spectacular views and lifelong memories await.
- 1,322 metre high summit, just 10 minutes from Interlaken in the Bernese Oberland region of Switzerland.
- Note that a Low, Mid and High season pricing applies. Click on the terms & conditions link below to check the applicable dates.
- Children under 16 travel for free.
Harder Kulm: Stunning views, lifetime memories.
- Includes round-trip travel from Interlaken to Harder Kulm by funicular.
- Two Lakes Bridge viewing platform and panorama restaurant with spacious terrace offers a beautiful view of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountains and of Lake Thun and Lake Brienz.
- Hiking and theme trails from the Harder Kulm.
- Live folk music, every Saturday from 28 May to 22 October 2016 from 4pm.
- Discounted fares are valid with a Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Half Fare Card and Eurail Pass that includes Switzerland, please refer to the type of pass you have when selecting your tickets.
- All child rates are valid for children ages 6 -15.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note: these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- Train tickets and Swiss Transfer tickets are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Tickets are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
- Operates daily from 14 April.
- Harder funicular railway departs every 30 minutes from approximately 09:10 am to 08:55 pm. Last descent from Harder Kulm 21:40. Restaurant Harder Kulm open daily from 9:30 am to 09:30 pm. Schedules are subject to change.
- Prices are subject to change.
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. Can I bring food and drinks on board?
A. Of course you can! Eating and drinking are permitted on all European trains.
You will also have the option to purchase food and drinks if the train you’re traveling on offers food services.
Q. Why should I purchase my train tickets before I leave for Europe instead of while there?
A. While you can purchase train tickets locally, it has been our experience that the earlier you book the more likely you are to get the best fares. The longer you wait, the more likely the cheaper fares will be sold out. By booking early, you can avoid a higher ticket price.
Buying in advance also can save you a lot of time. You won’t have to wait in line at the train station. And considering how precious your vacation time is, why not spend it relaxing instead of worrying about your next train ticket?
Q. I have a question about my Rail Europe Gift Card. Who should I contact?
A. Just send us a message on our Contact Us page and we will respond to you via email within 24 to 48 hours.
Q. What is a Diabolo fee?
A. The Diabolo fee is a supplement for utilizing the trains in and out of the Brussels Airport Station in Belgium. This nominal fee can be paid at the station or on board the train.
Q. Can a rail pass be issued as an e ticket or e pass?
A. At this time, most rail passes are printed as a paper document and must be shipped to you prior to your departure to Europe. If a rail pass is offered as an e-pass this option will be offered at the time of booking. For rail passes offered as e-passes, you will need to print it out on paper prior to arriving at the train station.
Q. Can I print my train ticket at the station?
A. Some, but not all train tickets can be printed at a train station in Europe. Once you’ve selected a particular train ticket and begin checkout, all delivery options will be presented to you. You will then be able to select, if offered, “Print at the Station e-ticket”.
Q. How early should I arrive at the train station?
A. We advise travellers to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to departure. This allows you time to clear any security checks and locate the platform where your train will be departing. If you are departing from a larger train station (typically a city’s main station) and need to activate your rail pass prior to boarding, you will want to arrive even earlier to make sure you have enough time to get your rail pass activated and avoid doing a luggage-hauling sprint through the station.
Q. Why are e tickets not available for certain trips?
A. Availability of e-tickets depends on two factors: whether the rail company operating the train offers e-ticketing, and if it does, whether Rail Europe was granted technical access to their inventory to enable e-ticketing on their behalf.
Not all European rail companies offer e-tickets. But when they do, we work with them to make this option available on our website. And we’ll continue to do so in order provide more e-ticket options for your convenience.
Q. What is a travel day on a rail pass?
A. A travel day on a rail pass is a 24-hour period, from midnight to midnight, during which you can take as many train journeys as you desire. Since rail passes use calendar days, journeys within 24-hours of each other but on different days will count as two travel days.
Q. I made a mistake when I ordered my rail pass. How can I correct it?
A. Once your rail pass has been printed, it is not possible to modify it. If you absolutely need to do it, you can pay a 15% penalty and a 7% processing fee to exchange it. If you catch the mistake and call us right away - prior to your rail pass being printed, we may be able to modify it for you. If you bought the Rail Protection Plan™ when you ordered your rail pass, you can exchange your original pass at full value and use it towards the new one, with no fee or penalty incurred. Read more about the Rail Protection Plan™ coverage and how to file a claim.